Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, to find out more information, please read my disclaimer.
The boutique fitness landscape is becoming more and more saturated every single day. There are at least ten studios in a mile radius of us here in Dallas! A great fitness instructor can help you stay on track with a fitness regiment, but its all about finding the right one for you!
Here are five tips for following the BEST fitness instructors out there:
- They deliver a positive experience that you dig. Remember, the best workout you can do is the one you enjoy doing. The same thing applies to a fitness instructor. Find one who has a great vibe that you find motivating. When seeking a new instructor, check their social media to give you an idea of their personality.
- The instructor customizes the class. If the class includes all levels, it should provide options for beginner and advanced participants. That way, everyone is offered a challenge without the risk of overtraining.
- The instructor has experience in the class they are leading. Are they always asking you to do things that are not possible? Well, this happens when the instructor lacks experience or forgets what it’s like in a participant’s shoes. When I train instructors, the ones who take the class often are the ones who excel. The best instructors will challenge you in an obtainable way.
- They hold a respectable certification and are knowledgable in the form of exercise they are teaching. Would you hire a lawyer who didn’t pass the bar exam? Sadly, the ever-expanding size of the industry has lead to many under-qualified instructors. Just because you’re fit, doesn’t make you a great teacher. If they are certified, that means they have done their homework, invested in educating themselves, and likely hold at least a basic skill set.
- They care about the class. If the instructor is not checking on the participants throughout the class, and only looking in the mirror at themselves – run, don’t walk, into a different class!
In summary, an authentic, experienced fitness instructor can keep you motivated for long term fitness success. I hope these five tips help you chose the best fitness instructors!
Subscribe to the mailing list for a FREE quick-start eating guide here or check out the best training shoes for women.
Till next time,
Leave a Reply