Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, to find out more information, please read my disclaimer.
It’s more important than ever to boost our immune system. That’s why we will discuss five natural ways to boost the immune system for overall health. You can implement these tips immediately for a healthier you. Ready? Let’s go!
To start, our immune system is like a wall – protecting our body and helping it run smoothly. Free radicals attack and destroy elements of the immune system, weakening it. They come from smoking, pollution, radiation, and pesticides. Antioxidants neutralize the damage caused by free radicals.
5 Natural Ways To Boost the Immune System
- Eat foods containing phytonutrients. They contain antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antiviral, and anti-inflammatory properties that boost the immune system. These top foods are berries, bell peppers, sweet potatoes, kale, eggplant, bok choy, cinnamon, turmeric, mango, onions, garlic, radish, and apricots.
- Eat a whole food plant-based diet rich in antioxidants. Vitamin E, selenium, manganese, vitamin C, beta-carotene, and zinc protect us from environmental toxins.
- Continue workouts. They release nitric oxide, which prompts the body to make all of the other internal medicines it needs to treat illness.
- Take a daily synbiotic which is prebiotic and probiotic. Studies show this improves gut immune function, which helps produce white blood cells. I take Seed synbiotic daily – use code Aleah15 for 15% off your first order.
- Reduce stress & get quality sleep. Take long walks, practice yoga, and meditate to keep stress low. Furthermore, the recommended 7-8 hours of sleep is essential for the body to create cytokines, signaling molecules related to the immune system.
Some bonus tips:
Furthermore, other ways to boost the immune system and overall health are not smoking, eliminating or limiting alcohol, eating organic produce, getting adequate protein, and washing hands thoroughly and often.
In conclusion, I hope you enjoyed reading five natural ways to boost the immune system. To kick start, try my overnight oats recipe and immune-boosting berries. Also, check out 5 easy ways to get more protein. Don’t forget to subscribe to the mailing list for my food guide.
Stay healthy, friends.