Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, to find out more information, please read my disclaimer.
Hello there! Let’s discuss healthy breakfast ideas for on the go. Are you a creature of habit like me? Then I’m guessing you’ve had the same thing for breakfast lately. Let’s switch it up! Here are 5 healthy breakfast ideas, with approximate calories and meal prep tips, to help you switch it up and stay efficient.
Now, most of us do not have a ton of time during the week. Therefore, you may consider batch cooking breakfasts that include eggs during a meal prep session. On Sunday, I cook egg whites with vegetables like spinach, red pepper, or onion. To keep track of calories, I measure and cook each serving of egg whites separately, then place each serving in its own container. From there, it’s an easy grab from the fridge!
Also, if you’re practicing intermitted fasting, you can still have breakfast food whenever you decide to break the fast! We’ve all had eggs for dinner before, right? I’m all about breakfast food, any time of the day.
Here are 5 healthy breakfast ideas:
- Green smoothie:
- Coffee smoothie:
- 1 cup cold brew (or 4 oz cold brew/4 oz water)
- 1 serving plant protein powder (my favorite brand linked here has the best vanilla cold brew flavor that is a coffee lovers dream)
- 1 cup of frozen organic broccoli
- 1/2 banana
- 1 Tbsp nut butter
- Approximate Calories: 300 *Exact calories and macronutrients depend on exact products/brands used
- Protein 30g
- Carbs 25g
- Fat 10g
- 2 Egg white tacos:
- 3/4 cup egg whites cooked with 1 cup organic spinach
- Topped with 1/2 medium avocado and salsa
- Roll into a low carb tortilla wrap (look at the labels for a tortilla with 50-100 calories)
- Approximate Calories for 2 Tacos: 375 *Exact calories and macronutrients depend on exact products/brands used
- Protein 23g
- Carbs 28g
- Fat 11g
- Egg white scramble:
- 3/4 cup egg whites cooked with red pepper
- 2 slices Ezekiel or low carb bread with nut butter
- Approximate Calories: 410 *Exact calories and macronutrients depend on exact products/brands used
- Protein 38g
- Carbs 42g
- Fat 10g
- Yogurt Parfait:
- Plain greek yogurt – nonfat or low-fat. Tip: avoid pre-sweetened yogurts with tons of added sugar. I used Trader Joe’s 2% Greek yogurt for the calorie estimation
- 1/4 cup granola
- Approximate Calories: 310 *Exact calories and macronutrients depend on exact products/brands used
- Protein 24g
- Carbs 30g
- Fat 10g
Have you tried the above healthy breakfast ideas for on the go? I hope you enjoy them! You could also grab another quick on the go smoothie recipe here or sign up for my grocery list and meal prep ideas here!
Till next time,