Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, to find out more information, please read my disclaimer.
Today, we are diving into the 10 best high waisted workout leggings for various workouts. Depending on the activity, you may want more or less compression or thicker or thinner material. I’ll explain all of this in this post. Are you ready? Let’s go!
High Waisted Workout Leggings for Spinning or Indoor Cycling:
When taking indoor cycling, its best to have a thicker material pant. If it has slight compression, even better. This makes it more comfortable to sit on the bike seat. Here are some of my favorites:
- Moto – get ready for compliments. Thick material, with cool paneling for added flare.
- Speed up leggings – thicker material, very flattering design.
- Super high rise leggings – super high rise for spinning is just amazing, no more worrying about bending over the bike.
Gym, strength, boot camp, and running:
For gym, strength, boot camp, running type classes or similar, its best to have a pant that has a strong waistband. Due to the wide range of motion, the last thing you want to do during any of these activities is constantly pulling your pants back up. If it has slight compression, even better. Here are some of my thoroughly tested front runners:
- High-rise tights – these are the pants that put lulu on the map.
- Springs leggings – lightweight, compression waistband, these don’t move. These run small, I recommend sizing up.
- Tech sweat leggings – lightweight, compression waistband, these don’t move.
- Airlift leggings – for when you want a little shine.
Yoga, lounging, and errands:
For yoga, lounging, or errands, it’s great to have a pant with a naked feel. This means thin material that stretches, with a waistband that stays up but doesn’t dig in. Here are some of my thoroughly tested front runners:
- Align leggings – naked feel, thin material but sturdy, they don’t dig in at the hips AT ALL. Very comfortable for everyday wear, great to bend in yoga, my pregnant friends love these due to the stretch. They also come in a super-high rise version.
- Align dupe leggings – $30 amazon find. Claim to be a dupe of the first pair listed. I recently tried these, and I am obsessed! I’m usually a 6 in Lululemon and the medium in these ran little large.
- Space dye leggings – super soft material, great for all-day wear.
For date night *bonus*:
Ok, so this isn’t exactly working out but wanted to tell you about these because every time I wear them, I get tons of compliments. These are great paired with sweaters or a graphic tee and jean jacket!
- Faux leather – the famous, best leggings for going out in.
I hope you enjoyed reading and learning a bit more about the 10 best high waisted workout leggings for various workouts. You can also click the picture above to be taken to the specific legging. You may also enjoy the gift guide for fitness lovers him and gift guide for her. Don’t forget to subscribe to the mailing list for my free healthy eating guide.
Till next time!