Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, to find out more information, please read my disclaimer.
If you’re looking to jumpstart weight loss, look no further than these 5 simple steps. Who can resist some vacation or holiday eating indulgence? There is nothing quite like the joys of the holidays, and that comes with stuffing and pie, oh my! Let me tell you a secret… I am a BIG supporter of holiday eating. We all know it’s going to happen, and we may as well enjoy it and not stress over it. I approach life with the 80/20 rule – around 80% of the time, we eat clean and live without restrictions about 20% of the time. However, quickly getting back on track and jumpstart weight loss is essential when the leftovers are gone.
5 Simple Steps to Jumpstart Weight Loss:
- First, avoid the scale & don’t judge yourself. Cheating for a few days will not halt all your progress. This mentality is entirely unproductive and unnecessary. Just move on!
- Intermittent Fasting – all those excess consumed calories are likely stored as fat. Fasting helps burn fat stores. Since you’re not consuming additional calories, your body taps into fat stores for energy. Fasting 14-18 hours to jumpstart weight loss may give you a push to get back on track. If you want to learn more, I have a complete quick start guide to intermitted fasting for you on the blog. Click here to read.
- Cheat food comes packed with sodium. Drink a ton of water to start to flush everything out. Also, add some lemon juice for extra detox.
- Get a workout in, even if it’s only a 20-minute walk around the neighborhood. Take one of my free workouts on youtube. Moving your body helps you physically and mentally get back in the game.
- Eat a ton of veggies and unprocessed, clean foods. That could be a huge green salad with a protein like salmon. My favorite healthy dressing is 1/2 organic lemon squeezed, 1 tsp apple cider vinegar, 1 tbsp olive oil, salt, and pepper. Put that over a bed of organic greens, and you’ll be feeling back on track in no time!
Take a great probiotic. Adding good bacteria helps your body in so many ways! I take seed probiotics daily, and you can get 15% off with my code ALEAH15.
In summary, if you do these 5 simple things, I guarantee you’ll be back on track and jumpstart weight loss in no time. You also may enjoy exploring some of my healthy recipes and healthy amazon foods that will help your weight loss efforts! Finally, visit my shop to see more customized diet and fitness plans!
Till next time,