Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, to find out more information, please read my disclaimer.
Wondering what the best keto Starbucks drinks are? When trying to lose weight, it’s essential to consider what additional calories we consume from beverages. Not all drinks are made equal with equal calories. I’ll show you some delicious recipes on the menu that are the best keto Starbucks drinks, low calories, and skinny starbucks drinks!
Why Drink Keto Starbucks Drinks
Before my love affair with Starbucks, I avoided them and only went to local coffee shops. Then, I realized it was just too inconvenient not to like them; they are EVERYWHERE, right? So, I had to figure out how to make my local Starbucks menu work and how to order keto Starbucks drinks. Nothing beats curling up with your coffee mug with a nice, smooth cup of Joe.
Does Starbucks have Splenda?
These days, many people are looking for ways to reduce their sugar intake. One popular alternative to sugar is Splenda, which is marketed as a low-calorie, zero-carb sweetener. However, there may be a better option for those looking to cut back on liquid cane sugar – stevia. Stevia is a plant-based sweetener that has been used for centuries in South America. Unlike Splenda, stevia is completely natural and has no artificial ingredients. Additionally, stevia contains very few calories and has a negligible impact on blood sugar levels. In fact, stevia has even been shown to help lower blood sugar in some people with diabetes. For all these reasons, stevia may be a better choice than Splenda for those looking to reduce their sugar intake. When reaching for a low calorie sweet coffee Starbucks, stevia is a nice alternative.
What about Starbucks Sugar Free Syrup?
If you’re like most people, you probably think that pumps of sugar free vanilla syrup is a healthy alternative to regular syrup. However, sugar free syrup and sugar free mocha sauce are actually made with artificial sweeteners, which can have some serious health consequences. One of the most well-known artificial sweeteners is aspartame, which has been linked to headaches and dizziness. Another common sweetener, sucralose, has also been shown to cause gastrointestinal issues. So if you’re looking for a healthy way to sweeten your coffee or tea, you’re better off using regular syrup or other alternative.
Benefits of Drinking Coffee
- Boosts athletic performance – coffee 1-hour pre-workout can improve your performance.
- Helps you burn fat – caffeine helps fat cells break down body fat, as long as you pick a healthy Starbucks drinks for weight loss
- Coffee brightens your mood – caffeine increases the production of serotonin, dopamine, and noradrenaline (the feel-good hormones) which elevate your mood.
Lowest Calorie Drinks Starbucks
- Nitro Cold Brew – low calorie hot drink starbucks, absolute perfection as is.
- Calories 5
- Starbucks Iced Coffee. No classic syrup. 1 packet stevia.
- Calories 0
- My favorite low calorie hot drink Starbucks: Grande Flat white with unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk and 1 packet stevia. This delicious drink with steamed milk is like a warm hug!
- Calories ~100
- Americano with the room, a splash of almond milk.
- Calories ~50
- Freshly brewed coffee. Splash of unsweetened almond milk + cinnamon.
- Calories ~50
- Iced Green Tea, earl grey tea, or chai tea with no water and 1 packet stevia.
- Calories 0
- TIP: Unless specified they will add water to already brewed iced teas. Ordering “no water” puts more potent green tea in your cup.
- All other teas, hot or iced.
- Calories 0
- Additional espresso shots are low carb and low calorie.
The Best Keto Starbucks Drinks
Keto diet means keeping carbs extremely low. Therefore, to stay keto-friendly at Starbucks, you can either order it black or add a bit of heavy cream to whatever you’re ordering. No syrup because none of them are keto-friendly. Try one of these low carb starbucks drinks:
- AVOID drinking classic syrup. The classic syrup has 20 calories per pump of pure sugar. A Starbucks drink with low carbs will not have classic syrup.
- Sugar-free syrups have 0 calories but include artificial flavors and sucralose (the same artificial sweetener as Splenda). Use minimally for low net carbs. Try stevia & cinnamon.
- Almond milk is Starbucks’ lowest calorie milk option, around 60 calories per cup. Oat milk is another good option
- For the best keto Starbucks drink, add a splash of heavy cream, as it has the lowest carbs. If you don’t want to too low carb, try whole milk, no whipped cream.
- For those looking for a low carb alternative to their usual Starbucks order, the keto white drink is a great option. This drink is made with sugar free vanilla syrup, peach citrus white tea, and heavy cream. It’s a refreshing choice that has fewer than 5 grams of carbs. They also make a keto pink drink on the secret Starbucks menu.
Sorry, frappuccinos did not make the list, coming in over 500 calories each! Eek! Remember, keep sugar as low as possible for healthy eating, including drinks.
Keto Starbucks Drinks
Now pull up this list next time you’re reading through the Starbucks menu and order away some keto Starbucks drinks with low calories! The 0-5 calorie drinks on this list are great for intermitted fasters. If that interests you, check out my:
- Best Intermittent Fasting for Women
- Why Lemon Water in the Morning is the best Morning Ritual
- Best Supplements for Women: Health and Weight Loss
- Don’t forget to subscribe to my email list for a monthly newsletter and free food guide.
Till next time,