Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, to find out more information, please read my disclaimer.
One of the most enjoyable times in my life was being pregnant, dreaming of what it would be like to hold my baby in his space. That’s why I designed him a minimalist woodland nursery. Here are the essentials:
Crib, Dresser, Glider:
(1) Rustic Wood Crib – both the crib and dresser are from target! The rustic white color is perfect for a farmhouse feel. I researched nursery furniture excessively before purchasing – and after learning the safety standards and non-toxic painting process by Simmons Kids, I wouldn’t go any other way. Also, it was easy for my husband to assemble.
(2) Rustic Wood Dresser – matching dresser with tons of great storage!
(3) Glider Nursery Chair – Funny story, I sat in almost every glider in every store in Dallas before choosing one, but I’m so glad I did. You will spend HOURS on this chair, so you have to love it. This one glides, rocks, swivels and reclines.
Play Mat & Toys:
(4) The Play Gym – It’s a must-have on every baby registry! The modern look and style of this playmat are perfect for every nursery decor. Designed for developmental and sensory play for an entire year.
(5) Play Kits Subscription – I love their Montessori-inspired, sustainable toys! This is a toy subscription service that delivers a box of toys every other month specifically designed for your baby’s age. It takes all the guesswork out and provides a play guide on great ways to play with your babies.
(7) Changing Table – this one easily wipes clean; no messing with changing sheets in the middle of the night!
(6) Wearable baby monitor – The Owlet baby monitor is a sock the baby wears that tracks heart rate and oxygen levels. As a first-time mom, it really helped me sleep at night (the few hours you get to sleep as a new mom)!
(8) Diaper Pail – a registry must-have! This one does not require any unique bags, just regular tall kitchen bags. It also comes in many fun colors to match your nursery.
(9) White matted frames – we used this company to frame our prints. All online and shipped right to our door with everything you need to hang.
(10) Animal wall art – Bear cub woodland wall art & baby wolf print were two we picked out for over the crib. This shop has impressive, affordable photos of so many animals!
(11) Nursery wall Decor Mountain Shelf – Wood mountain wall art really ties the room together and can also hold stuffed animals!
(12) Rug – handcrafted and sustainably sourced blue wool rug.
(13) Organic Baby Animal Quilt – cozy and visually stimulating! My older baby loves to point to the animals and have me tell him which they are!
Till next time,
I hope you got a few ideas for a minimalist woodland nursery! Also, my maternity photoshoot guide may interest you as well. Happy shopping!