Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, to find out more information, please read my disclaimer.
Why is it so hard to rebound from vacation eating? There is nothing quite like the joys of vacation! Especially, the FOOD! Let me tell you a secret… I am a BIG supporter of vacation eating! I approach life with 80/20 rule – around 80% we are eating clean and 20% of the time we are living life without rules. However, when we come back to reality, getting back on track quickly is important.
Let’s talk about how to rebound from vacation eating in 5 simple steps!
- Avoid the scale & don’t judge yourself. Cheating for a few days will not kill you! Judging yourself for it is completely pointless and unnecessary. Just move on!
- Intermittent Fasting (IF). All those calories you consumed were likely stored as fat because you’re likely not doing your typical workouts. IF helps burn fat stores since you’re not consuming additional calories, your body taps into fat stores for energy. I will usually fast from 15-18 hours the day after vacation.
- Drink a ton of water. Your body is dehydrated from drinking and sodium consumption. This will start to flush everything out.
- Get a workout in. Even if its 30 minutes, working out is key. This puts you in the mindset that you’re back to business.
- Eat a ton of veggies and unprocessed, clean foods. That could be a huge green salad with a protein like salmon. My favorite healthy dressing is 1/2 organic lemon squeezed, 1 tsp apple cider vinegar, 1 tbsp olive oil, salt, and pepper. Put that over a bed of organic greens and you’ll be feeling back on track in no time!
If you do these 5 things, I guarantee you’ll be back on track in no time. Hopefully, some of my healthy recipes can help you get back on track as well!
Till next time,