Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, to find out more information, please read my disclaimer.
Today I’m providing a tutorial of my current skincare beauty routine for younger-looking skin! If you’ve been following along, you know I’m obsessed with clean, chemical and artificial free foods. Well, the same applies to skincare. The skincare products I’ll talk about today are clean, which means they do not contain sulfates, parabens, phthalates, and other chemicals.
Before we dive in, I’ll warn you that skincare is one of the things I splurge on in life. (That and tipping your wait staff)! I’ve collected many devices over the years and built up into this routine. I recommend starting with this travel-size kit and see how your skin responds – everybody is different. Ok, now let’s jump in!
- Splash face with cold water
- I do not use a cleanser in the morning, because I only had on the products from last night, my skin isn’t dirty yet. Over cleansing can dry out the skin.
- If going straight to a workout, I may dab on a tinted moisturizer under eyes to cover dark circles and head straight to the gym.
- TIP: Do not apply heavy moisturizers or makeup on your skin if you’re heading to a heavy sweat session; this traps sweat and can lead to breakouts.
- Post gym: I use this cleanser, then jump into the next steps below.
POST-GYM AM or No Workout AM:
- I apply one pump of this product and one pump of this product in my palm, mix and massage into the face, neck, and hands. Tip: Always take serums down your neck!
- Then, I use this beauty tool from Michael Todd Beauty to heat the serum and push it deeper into the skin. If I’m in a rush, I’ll skip this step, but I try to do it at night or morning at least every other day.
- Then, I apply this tinted sunscreen. Ladies, don’t you wish you could go back in time and put sunscreen on your younger self? I know I do!
- Apply makeup as you usually would, smile at yourself in the mirror, and slay some dragons!
- First, I start with a double cleanse with this cleanser, followed by this one. Double cleansing with an oil cleanser first is an old Korean beauty secret. I’ll put the second cleanser on the Clarisonic about 5x/week. The Clarisonic tool help exfoliate the skin. Ever wonder why men look so young without even trying? Its all that shaving exfoliation!
- Then, 3-5 times per week, I apply one pump of this serum mixed with a few drops of this one. Apply all over the face, neck, and hands. Spend some time massaging it in; this is self-care time! TIP: When massaging into the face, go up! We want to pull everything up.
- The other 1-2 times per week, I use retinol at night instead. This one is really strong so be careful at first!
- Follow up with a moisturizer like this one.
- Dab on an eye cream. Be gentle here, no tugging on this delicate skin area!
- About 1-2 x per week, I’ll use a mask such as this one.
- When traveling on the road, I always take this kit with me.
Voila! Perfect skin! What I love about drunk elephant products is you can mix them without fear that they will react poorly with each other.
Bonus tips: Hydration is a major when it comes to beautiful skin. Try drinking lemon water with a pinch of pink Himalayan salt in the morning as part of your skincare routine. Also, a diet of leafy vegetables and fruits will provide lots of vitamins and minerals that will help with natural collagen production. Vitamin C aids collagen synthesis.
I hope you enjoyed reading about my current skincare routine for younger-looking skin. You may also like this article about growing long lashes. Let me know what
Till next time,