Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, to find out more information, please read my disclaimer.
Woodland nursery decor is such a fun theme for a baby boy or girl! One of the most enjoyable times in my life was being pregnant, dreaming of what it would be like to hold my baby in his nursery. That’s why I designed him a woodland nursery. Shop the essentials below!
Woodland Nursery Decor Theme
Woodland nurseries are all the rage right now, and it’s no wonder why. They evoke a sense of peace and serenity, while also providing a stylish and on-trend look for your little one’s space. If you’re thinking about creating a woodland nursery fit for the great outdoors, here are a few key elements to consider.
First, choose a color palette that reflects the calming hues of nature. You can go for classic green and browns, or opt for more modern shades like grays and white. Then, add in natural elements and colorful accents like woods, stone, and rattan. Look for furniture and accessories that feature clean lines and organic shapes. Finally, don’t forget the details! Add in cute critters like bunnies, deer, and squirrels to create a truly inviting space. With these contemporary elements in place, you’ll be well on your way to crafting a beautiful woodland nursery that your child will love spending time in. It’s the perfect backdrop for your little one’s room.
CRIB, DRESSER, GLIDER:
(1) Rustic Wood Crib – both the crib and dresser are from target!The rustic white color is perfect for a farmhouse feel. I researched nursery furniture excessively before purchasing – and after learning the safety standards and non-toxic painting process by Simmons Kids, I wouldn’t go any other way. Also, it was easy for my husband to assemble.
(2) Rustic Wood Dresser – matching the bed with tons of great storage!
(3) Glider Nursery Chair – Funny story, I sat in almost every glider in every store before choosing one, but I’m so glad I did. You will spend HOURS on this chair, so you have to love it. This one glides, rocks, swivels and reclines. The fabric is high performance and it’s SO easy to keep clean.
PLAY MAT & TOYS:
(4) The Play Gym – It’s a must-have on every baby registry! The modern look and style of this playmat are perfect for every nursery decor. Designed for developmental and sensory play for an entire year.
(5) Play Kits Subscription– great site for Montessori-inspired, sustainable toys! This is a toy subscription service that delivers a box of toys every other month specifically designed for your baby’s age. It takes all the guesswork out and provides a play guide on great ways to play with your babies. Read a full review on the Lovevery Play Kits and Lovevery Play Gym.
(7) Changing Table – this one easily wipes clean; no messing with changing sheets in the middle of the night!
(6) Wearable baby monitor – The Owlet baby monitor is a sock the baby wears that tracks heart rate and oxygen levels. As a first-time mom, it really helped me sleep at night (the few hours you get to sleep as a new mom)!
(8) Diaper Pail – a registry must-have! This one does not require any unique bags, just regular tall kitchen bags. It also comes in many fun colors to match your nursery.
(9) Crib Sheets – This bamboo crib bedding feels so soft and luxurious. My son sleeps on his stomach a lot and it’s nice to know he’ll have a soft, comfortable crib sheet.
Woodland nursery decor:
(10) Nursery wall decor matted frames – we used this company to frame our prints. All online and shipped right to our door with everything you need to hang.
(11) Woodland animal wall art – cute bear cub woodland wall art & baby wolf print were two we picked out for over the crib. This shop has impressive, affordable photos of so many animals!
(12) Nursery Wall Decor Mountain Nursery Shelf on Etsy – Etsy is a great place to find good accents like mountains or wallpaper. I like this mountain shelf since it also holds stuffed animals.
(13) Rug – handcrafted and sustainably sourced blue wool rug.
(14) Organic Baby Animal Quilt– cozy and visually stimulating! My older baby loves to point to the animals and have me tell him which they are!
Till next time,
I hope you got a few ideas for woodland nursery decor for your little one! Also, my blog posts on maternity photoshoot guide, long flowy dresses, or the best pregnancy belly bands for running may interest you as well. Happy shopping!