Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, to find out more information, please read my disclaimer.
This theme is an excellent choice if you’re looking for the perfect woodland nursery decor for your baby boy! Woodland nurseries are cozy and calming, making them the ideal place for your little one to relax and sleep. Plus, there are many options when decorating a woodland nursery, so let’s break down the different elements you can use to create the perfect look!
How to Design Woodland Nursery Decor
Woodland nurseries are all the rage right now, and it’s no wonder why. They evoke a sense of peace and serenity while providing a stylish and on-trend look for your little one’s space. Here are a few key elements to consider if you’re thinking about creating a woodland nursery fit for the great outdoors.
First, choose a color palette that reflects the calming hues of nature. You can opt for classic green and browns or more modern shades like grays and white. Then, add natural elements and colorful accents like wood, stone, and rattan. Look for furniture and accessories that feature clean lines and organic shapes. Finally, don’t forget the details! Add cute critters like bunnies, deer, and squirrels to create a truly inviting space. With these contemporary elements in place, you’ll be well on your way to crafting a beautiful woodland nursery that your child will love spending time in. It’s the perfect backdrop for your little ones’ room.
Start with Choosing Furniture
(1) Rustic Wood Crib – both the crib and dresser are from target! The rustic white color is perfect for a farmhouse feel. I researched nursery furniture excessively before purchasing – and after learning the safety standards and non-toxic painting process by Simmons Kids, I wouldn’t want it any other way. Also, it was easy for my husband to assemble.
(2) Rustic Wood Dresser – matching the bed with great storage!
(3) Glider Nursery Chair – Funny story. I sat in almost every glider in every store before choosing one, but I’m so glad I did. You will spend HOURS on this chair, so you have to love it: this one glides, rocks, swivels, and reclines. The fabric is high-performance, and it’s SO easy to keep clean.
Next, Add Play Mat & Toys
(4) The Play Gym – It’s a must-have on every baby registry! This playmat’s modern look and style are perfect for every nursery decor, and they are designed for developmental and sensory play for an entire year.
(5) Play Kits Subscription– great site for Montessori-inspired, sustainable toys! This toy subscription service delivers a box of toys every other month designed explicitly for your baby’s age. It takes all the guesswork out and provides a play guide on great ways to play with your babies. Read a full review on the Lovevery Play Kits and Lovevery Play Gym.
Other Nursery Necessities
(7) Changing Table – this one easily wipes clean; no messing with changing sheets at night!
(6) Wearable baby monitor – The Owlet baby monitor is a sock the baby wears that tracks heart rate and oxygen levels. As a first-time mom, it helped me sleep at night (the few hours you get to sleep as a new mom)!
(8) Diaper Pail – a registry must-have! This one does not require any unique bags, just regular tall kitchen bags, and it also comes in many fun colors to match your nursery.
(9) Crib Sheets – This bamboo crib bedding feels soft and luxurious. My son sleeps on his stomach a lot, and it’s nice to know he’ll have a smooth, comfortable crib sheet.
Finally, Add in Stylish Woodland Decor:
(10) Nursery wall decor matted frames – we used this company to frame our prints. All are online and shipped to our door with everything you need to hang.
(11) Woodland animal wall art – cute bear cub woodland wall art & baby wolf print were two we picked out for over the crib. This shop has impressive, affordable photos of so many animals!
(12) Nursery Wall Decor Mountain Nursery Shelf on Etsy – Etsy is a great place to find good accents like mountains or wallpaper. I like this mountain shelf since it also holds stuffed animals.
(13) Rug – handcrafted and sustainably sourced blue wool rug.
(14) Organic Baby Animal Quilt– cozy and visually stimulating! My older baby loves to point to the animals and have me tell him which they are!
Woodland Nursery Decor
I hope you got a few ideas for woodland nursery decor for your little one! With so many options available when creating a woodland nursery for your baby boy, you’ll luckily find it easy and fun! Furniture and animals are great ways to bring this classic yet timeless theme into your home. So get creative and start building your dream woodland sanctuary today! Also, these other blog posts may interest you:
Till next time,
Leave a Reply